Big Chip 2013 opened for entries on 9 January 2013 and will close on 18th March. The shortlist will be announced on 2 May and the awards will be presented at the Big Chip Awards dinner in Manchester on 27 June.
You can see all the entry categories below as well as the special awards chosen from the shortlisted entries.
Click on any award or category for details of the entry criteria and the winners and shortlisted entries from previous years.
There are several new categories in 2013. The Big Chip Offbeat Award and Best Use of Brand in Digital are new categories with wholly new criteria. Best Start-up replaces Best Newcomer and the Big Chip Imagination Award replaces the Big Chip International Award for Innovation.
Open to entries from the North of England
- anywhere north of Derby and south of Scotland - see the eligibility criteria for more details
- Best E-Business Project
- Best Public Sector Project
- Best Not for Profit Project
- Best Mobile Project
- Best Use of Visual Design
- Best Application of Technology
- Best Use of Animation
- Best Use of Search
- Best Use of Social Media
- Best Use of Gaming
- Best Digital Marketing Campaign
- Best Use of Brand in Digital
- Little Chip Student Award
- Best Start-Up
- Best Established Freelancer/Micro Enterprise
- Big Chip Digital Agency Award
- Big Chip Offbeat Award winner chosen by popular vote
- Tasty Website Award winner chosen by popular vote
International category open to entries from anywhere
Special Awards chosen from the shortlisted entries
- Anthony Wilson Original Modern Award chosen by a special guest judge
- Grand Prix awarded to the entry that impressed the most
The distinguished panel of experts is chaired by Michael Nutley.